Who will WIN this matchup?
Kansas City Royals (45-83)
@ Cleveland Indians (74-54)
Junis (KC): 8-11; 4.78 ERA
Plesac (CLE) 6-4; 3.53 ERA
Last 10 Games Played:
Kansas City Royals: 4-6
Cleveland Indians: 3-7
Kansas City Royals: (+165)
Cleveland Indians: (-180)
• The Cleveland Indians’ once-promising trip to New York ended with a washout, with the formerly white-hot team going ice-cold en route to being swept for the first time since May 20-22. The Indians aim to avert matching a season-high four-game losing skid on Friday when they return home for a three-game series against the Kansas City Royals. Cleveland gained considerable traction with wins in 22 of 29 contests before the tables turned with losses in seven of its last nine to fall 3 1/2 games behind American League Central-leading Minnesota. Yasiel Puig has followed a 14-for-33 stretch in which he had two homers, eight RBIs and seven runs scored by going 0-for-15 with five strikeouts over his last four games.
• While Cleveland waited through a pair of rain delays before falling 2-0 in eight innings to the New York Mets on Thursday night, Kansas City worked just 12 minutes in the afternoon before dropping a 5-4 decision to Boston in the completion of a suspended game. Whit Merrifield has 24 hits, 12 RBIs and 11 runs scored in the season series versus the Indians, although just eight, six and three have come at Progressive Field.
• Junis turned in his eighth straight start of at least six or more innings on Saturday after he allowed three runs in 6 1/3 frames of a 4-1 setback against the New York Mets. Although the 26-year-old can rest easily with a 4-3 mark and 3.33 ERA in that span, he has struggled in three of four encounters with Cleveland this season. Junis, who sports a 1-3 record with a 6.52 ERA in those meetings, has been taken to task by Francisco Lindor (15-for-29, three homers, 10 RBIs) and Carlos Santana (6-for-13) in their respective careers.
• Plesac tasted defeat for the first time in eight outings on Saturday after surrendering three homers and five runs (four earned) in 4 2/3 innings of a 6-5 setback at the New York Yankees. The 24-year-old will look to get back on track versus Kansas City, against which he turned in consecutive strong starts last month. Plesac allowed two runs in six innings of a 5-4 win versus the Royals on July 21 before tossing seven frames of one-run ball in an 8-3 victory five days later.
• Lindor, who has hit safely in 14 of his last 15 games overall, is 26-for-62 with three homers, eight RBIs and 14 runs scored against Kansas City this season.
• Royals LF Alex Gordon is 23-for-65 against the Indians this season, although just five of his hits have come at Progressive Field.
• Santana has reached base 29 times (14 hits, 15 walks) against Kansas City this season.
•Sabres @ Golden Knights•
•Coming Soon •
Top Pick Record For February: 12-4
Top Pick Record For January: 17-4
Top Pick Record For December: 22-7
Top Pick Record For November: 21-7
Top Pick Record for October: 14-4
Top Pick Record for September: 22-2