Who will WIN this matchup?
Appalachian State Mountaineers (6-1)
@ #15 Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (7-0)
Appalachian State Mountaineers: (+175)
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers: (-200)
• The line for this game is Coastal Carolina by 5 points.
• If upstart Coastal Carolina is to remain undefeated and on top of the Sun Belt East Division, it must finally take down Appalachian State. Looking to go 8-0, the No. 15 Chanticleers try to keep the visiting Mountaineers from a sixth straight victory on Saturday in Conway, S.C.
• It’s been a historic season for Coastal Carolina (7-0, 5-0 in Sun Belt) in its fourth as a full-time FBS program. The Chanticleers have secured their first winning season at that level, and a win here would make them the first Sun Belt team to start 8-0. Coastal, however, must shake off any rust that might have built up after last weekend’s scheduled game with Troy was postponed due to COVID-19 issues within the Trojans’ program. That game was rescheduled for next month.
• Coastal has been outscored 246-118 while losing its six all-time meetings with Appalachian State (6-1, 4-0), which is one-half game back of the Chanticleers in the East Division. However, Coastal Carolina is allowing just 16.3 points per contest and gave up six over the last two games – all coming during a 23-6 win over South Alabama on Nov. 7 – and has not yielded a touchdown in 10 consecutive quarters.
• The Chanticleers also boast perhaps the league’s top player in quarterback Grayson McCall (1,393 passing yards, 16 touchdowns, one interception). He threw for 209 yards and ran for 72 against South Alabama in the team’s most recent contest.
• Appalachian State owns a 183-81 scoring advantage in winning five straight since a 17-7 loss at Marshall on Sept. 19. However, it’s uncertain if star quarterback Zac Thomas (1,285 passing yards, 12 touchdowns, five interceptions; 275 rushing yards) will be available Saturday. He suffered apparent whiplash in last weekend’s 17-13 comeback win over Georgia State. If Thomas is unable to play, senior backup Jacob Huesman, who guided App State to a go-ahead and eventual game-winning touchdown in the fourth quarter against Georgia State, would likely get the start.
• Thomas went 19-of-23 for 246 yards with two touchdowns and an interception during the Mountaineers’ 56-37 home win over Coastal Carolina last season. Coastal’s CJ Marable (370 rushing yards, five touchdowns) ran for 95 yards and a touchdown on 16 carries in last season’s game versus Appalachian State.
• The Mountaineers have dropped seven straight games against ranked opponents since their historic 34-32 upset of No. 5 Michigan on Sept. 1, 2007 in Ann Arbor.
•Champions League: Real Madrid @ Shakhtar Donetsk•
•#17 Texas v. Indiana: 1H•
•Champions League: FC Midtjylland @ Atalanta•
•Champions League: 1H•
•#12 Villanova v. Hartford•
•#8 Michigan State @ #6 Duke•
Top Pick Record For December 2020: 0-0
Top Pick Record For November 2020: 24-5
Top Pick Record For October 2020: 21-5
Top Pick Record For September 2020: 41-12
Top Pick Record For August 2020: 32-8
Top Pick Record For July 2020: 11-5
Top Pick Record For June 2020: 2-0
Top Pick Record For May 2020: 5-1
Top Pick Record For April 2020: 7-2
Top Pick Record For March 2020: 13-3
Top Pick Record For February 2020: 13-4
Top Pick Record For January 2020: 17-4
Top Pick Record For December 2019: 22-7
Top Pick Record For November 2019: 21-7
Top Pick Record for October 2019: 14-4
Top Pick Record for September 2019: 22-2