Who will WIN this matchup?
#15 Ohio State Buckeyes (6-0)
@ Iowa Hawkeyes (8-2)
Ohio State Buckeyes: (-170)
Iowa Hawkeyes: (+150)
• The line for this game is Ohio State by 3.5 points.
• Ohio State is looking to remain undefeated as the Buckeyes won their first five games at home and then picked up their first road win of the season last Thursday in a 78-55 win at Illinois.
• The 6-0 start is the best start to a season for Ohio State since the 2011-12 team won the first 15 games of the season.
• Iowa comes in at 8-2 overall and 4-2 in the conference, following its 77-67 loss at Northwestern on Saturday. The Hawkeyes are led by freshman sensation Caitlin Clark, who has not only been the best freshman in the conference, but perhaps the overall MVP through the first 10 games. Clark is averaging 25.6 ppg and 6.5 apg.
• Sophomore Jacy Sheldon leads five Buckeyes in double-figures at 18.3 ppg. She is coming off a career-high four three-point makes at Illinois. Sheldon has four 20-point games so far this season and is ninth in the conference in scoring.
• Point guard Madison Greene is averaging 13.3 ppg and is one of two players in the country with 20 or more free throw makes (23-of-23) without a miss.
• Gabby Hutcherson has made the most of her opportunity the last two games, averaging 9.5 points and 4.5 rebounds while shooting 50 percent from the floor.
• The Buckeyes are one of three teams in the country averaging more than 90 points per game (90.8 ppg).
• Iowa is 8-2 on the season and 4-2 in conference play, losing its most recent contest to No. 22/23 Northwestern, 67-77.
• Freshman Caitlin Clark leads the Hawkeyes, averaging 25.6 points. Junior Monika Czinano and sophomore McKenna Warnock follow, averaging 20.2 and 13.0 points per game, respectively. Warnock leads the Hawkeyes in rebounds, averaging 8.9 per game, while Clark, Czinano, and redshirt sophomore Kate Martin follow with 6.6, 5.9, and 4.0 per game, respectively.
• Clark recorded her first collegiate triple-double against Western Illinois, tallying 13 points, 13 rebounds, and 10 assists. Clark is the first Hawkeye to reach the accomplishment since Sam Logic against Baylor (March 27, 2015) and marks the 10th triple-double in program history, which tied the second-most in the NCAA.
• Czinano’s field goal percentage (.929) at No. 22/23 Northwestern is a Big Ten Record with a minimum of 12 attempts in a Big Ten contest, shooting 13-of-14 against the Wildcats. On three occasions, a Big Ten women’s basketball player has made 12-of 13 (.917)– the last being Indiana’s Quacy Barnes on Feb. 22, 1998 against Michigan State.
Top Pick Record For January 2021: 54-19
Top Pick Record For December 2020: 47-23
Top Pick Record For November 2020: 24-5
Top Pick Record For October 2020: 21-5
Top Pick Record For September 2020: 41-12
Top Pick Record For August 2020: 32-8
Top Pick Record For July 2020: 11-5
Top Pick Record For June 2020: 2-0
Top Pick Record For May 2020: 5-1
Top Pick Record For April 2020: 7-2
Top Pick Record For March 2020: 13-3
Top Pick Record For February 2020: 13-4
Top Pick Record For January 2020: 17-4
Top Pick Record For December 2019: 22-7
Top Pick Record For November 2019: 21-7
Top Pick Record for October 2019: 14-4
Top Pick Record for September 2019: 22-2