Who will WIN this matchup?
Vegas Golden Knights (13-11-4)
@ New York Rangers (13-9-3)
Malcolm Subban (VGK): Confirmed
Henrik Lundqvist (NYR): Confirmed
Vegas Golden Knights: (-130)
New York Rangers: (+112)
• The New York Rangers have put their best foot forward during a very busy schedule, collecting 11 of a possible 14 points (5-1-1) during a seven-game stretch that was completed in just 11 days. The Rangers aim to cash in again on Monday when the Vegas Golden Knights pay a visit to Madison Square Garden. “I think we’re getting there. We’ve been winning in different ways, and we’re finding ways to win,” New York center Mika Zibanejad told reporters after his team extended its season-high point streak to five games (4-0-1) with a 4-0 victory over New Jersey on Saturday. The 26-year-old Swede recorded one of his team’s two shorthanded goals versus the Devils to boost his point total to three in as many games since missing the previous 13 with an upper-body injury.
• Vegas has won two in a row overall and three of its four contests in franchise history against the Rangers heading into the team’s three-game road trip in the Metropolitan area. Alex Tuch ended a nine-game goal drought on Friday after scoring on the power play in the second period before adding the shootout winner in the Golden Knights’ 2-1 triumph over Arizona.
• Jonathan Marchessault snapped a season-high four-game point drought with an assist on Tuch’s goal, however it was the team’s play at the other end that caught his eye. “I think we played well defensively. We worked hard. That’s the identity we want as a team, and we did it.” said the 28-year-old, who has five points (one goal, four assists) in four career games versus the Rangers as a member of Vegas. Fellow forward Paul Stastny has recorded 15 (four goals, 11 assists) of his 700 career points against the Rangers, including his first goal as a member of the Golden Knights last season.
• New York’s back line has made a favorable impression on the offensive end, with Adam Fox registering his first career power-play goal on Saturday to boost his point total to 12 (four goals, eight assists) in his last 14 games. The 21-year-old also became the third rookie defenseman in franchise history to record multiple winning goals over a span of three team games, joining Stan Brown (Jan. 1-6, 1927) and Ron Greschner (Jan. 1-5, 1975). Fellow blue-liner Jacob Trouba notched a pair of assists while logging a game-high 23:55 of ice time against the Devils to increase his point total to six (two goals, four assists) in his last half-dozen contests.
• Vegas G Malcolm Subban has started the last three games in place of Marc-Andre Fleury (personal matter), who sports a 33-18-9 record in 61 career games against New York.
• The Rangers have not allowed a power-play goal in back-to-back games and are 20-for-21 on the penalty kill in their last five contests.
• Vegas LW Max Pacioretty has collected 20 points (nine goals, 11 assists) against New York in his career.
•PGA Rocket Mortgage Classic: Fowler Par 3 9th•
Top Pick Record For July 2020: 2-0
Top Pick Record For June 2020: 2-0
Top Pick Record For May 2020: 5-1
Top Pick Record For April 2020: 7-2
Top Pick Record For March 2020: 13-3
Top Pick Record For February 2020: 13-4
Top Pick Record For January 2020: 17-4
Top Pick Record For December 2019: 22-7
Top Pick Record For November 2019: 21-7
Top Pick Record for October 2019: 14-4
Top Pick Record for September 2019: 22-2